Bauhaus Weavers

About Me

My photo
Central Virginia, United States
Weaver, Jewelry Maker, Seeker

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Solutions

My new shelving is coming together after some trail and error.

I bought and installed replacement hooks only to discover that the new hooks don't fit the old wire shelves. ARGH! Both are Closet Maid. Evidently they have made some changes in the last 15 years to the size of the wire used in the shelves. So it was back to the drawing board. If possible I didn't want to have to discard all the shelving.

I started thinking about how when I was in my 20's we used to build bookshelves using cinder block and boards. Didn't really want cinder blocks to support the shelves but then I had the flash to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look for plastic bins that would support the shelves, hold yarn AND be lightweight.

Bed, Bath and Beyond had the perfect thing. I'm loving this solution. Nothing is attached to the wall.

Not that I'm really surprised but this is a classic, small scale example of out of chaos comes order. I really liked my old shelving attached to the wall but it turns out that this will be better.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan. I'm just catching up on the saga of your collapsed shelves and your ingenious solution to the problem. You're doing a great job of keeping up your blog, btw! I hope you don't mind if I put on my editor hat for a second and note that you wrote "trail and error" instead of "trial and error" in the first line of this post :-).

    ReplyDelete