Bauhaus Weavers

About Me

My photo
Central Virginia, United States
Weaver, Jewelry Maker, Seeker

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

old is new

Just had a great trip to Richmond where I visited long time friends Larrie and Ann. Waving at both of you!

It's wonderful to visit long time friends.

Ann is re-reading 'THE WORK OF CRAFT" by Carla Needleman and showed me the opening paragraph for the chapter on weaving. Awesome. This is a book I too read long ago and forgot about. The ideas in the book are so close to what I intend to talk about in this blog that I'm going to use it as a jumping off place.

So I've gotten out my book and have quoted the first paragraph of the weaving chapter into my blog description.
Will share more as I re-read.
The book is out of print but still available from used bookstores. Here is the link to Amazon. You might also look for it at Allbooks.com, Biblio.com and Abebooks.com. These are three of my favorite sources.
. The Work of Craft: An Inquiry into the Nature of Crafts and Craftsmanship

No comments:

Post a Comment